Robert G. Rogers
Mr. Rogers is a shareholder at the law firm of White Bear Ankele Tanaka & Waldron. He focuses his practice on the representation of municipalities, urban renewal authorities, downtown development authorities, special districts, and the private development community. Mr. Rogers regularly provides his clients with advice regarding annexation, zoning, platting, metro district service plans, property and sales tax issues, tax increment financing, public improvement fees, intergovernmental agreements, development agreements, and public-private partnership agreements, with a specific emphasis on negotiations between municipalities, urban renewal authorities, developers, metropolitan districts, and homeowners’ associations.
Mr. Rogers holds undergraduate and law degrees from the University of Texas in Austin, where he was the managing editor of the Texas Environmental Law Journal. He is an Eagle Scout, a former non-commissioned officer in the United States Marine Corps Reserve, and a combat veteran of the Iraq War, and a recipient of the Navy Corps Individual Commendation Medal.
Educations and Honors
- J.D. University of Texas School of Law, 2008
- Managing Editor, Texas Environmental Law Journal, 2007-2008
- Law School Mentor, Sheffield Society, 2006-2007
- B.A. English Literature, University of Texas, 2004, with highest Honors, Phi Beta Kappa
- Speaker, Understanding Metropolitan Districts in My Community; Colorado Municpal League Annual Conference, 2018
- Speaker, Negotiating and Regulating the Development Opportunity; Colorado Municipal League Annual Conference, 2015
- Speaker, How to Get the Development You Want; Colorado Municipal League Land Use Seminar for Public Officials, 2014
- Former Board Member and Treasurer, Knolls Homeowners Association
- United States Marine Corps Reserve
- Eagle Scout