William P. Ankele, Jr.
Mr. Ankele has provided advice to the development community, citizen groups, and local governments on the organization and use of various public entities offering tax-exempt financing solutions for major public and private projects throughout Colorado. His experience includes representation of special districts, library districts, intergovernmental authorities, business improvement districts, county and municipal public improvement districts, and non-profit corporations. Mr. Ankele’s practice includes broad experience in the use of special taxing districts to serve mountain resort communities, such as Aspen, Vail, Breckenridge and Winter Park. He has received an AV Peer Review Rating from Martindale Hubbell for twenty-five consecutive years, commencing in 1989.
Educations and Honors
- M.A. International Business Transactions, University of Denver, 2001
- J.D. Wayne State University, 1982, Cum Laude
- Member and Executive Editor, Wayne Law Review, 1981-82
- B.A. English and History, University of Michigan, 1977
- Author, Funding Schools through Public-Private Partnerships, The Colorado Lawyer, June, 2001
- Co-author, Colorado Special Districts and Chapter 9, The Colorado Lawyer, December, 1991/January 1992
- Board Member, Arapahoe Library District Building Authority
- Former Member, Board of Trustees of Arapahoe Library District