Ms. Tanaka is a shareholder at WBA. She practices local government law representing special districts, intergovernmental authorities, and limited-purpose public entities. The primary focus of Ms. Tanaka’s practice is to assist governments, business entities, homeowners, and individual developers in utilizing special taxing districts and limited-purpose public entities to provide for the construction, management, operation and financing of essential public services, utilities and project infrastructure, through the creation of special districts, county and municipal general and local improvement districts, business improvement districts, and intergovernmental authorities. Ms. Tanaka’s representation spans from boards represented by developers to those controlled entirely by homeowners and she has a specialized knowledge with representing water and sanitation districts.
Outside of work Jennifer enjoys traveling, reading, photography, spending time with her three labs, and supporting charitable causes near and dear to her heart such as the Tennyson Center for Children, The Wild Animal Sanctuary, and Mile High Labrador Retriever Mission.
EDUCATION AND HONORS
- J.D. University of Denver, Sturm College of Law; Order of St. Ives
- B.A. History & Japanese Studies, Coe College; Magna Cum Laude, Phi Beta Kappa, Phi Kappa Phi
- Supporter and Volunteer, Tennyson Center for Children
- Supporter, The Wild Animal Sanctuary
- Supporter and Adopter, Mile High Labrador Retriever Mission
- Licensed to practice law in Colorado
- Colorado Bar Association, Member
- Government Counsel Section of the Colorado Bar Association, Current Member and Former Secretary, 2004-2014
- Denver Bar Association, Member
- Speaker, Special District Association of Colorado, Webinar of Post-Election Compliance Requirements, 2016
- Speaker, Special District Association of Colorado Annual Conference, 2012, 2013, 2015, 2016, 2017, and 2018
- Colorado Foundation of Water Education, Member of Graduate of 2016 Water Fluency Course