Mr. Rogers is a shareholder at WBA. He focuses his practice on the representation of special districts, urban renewal authorities, and the private development community. He has valuable experience facilitating tax exempt financing transactions and negotiating intergovernmental agreements and development agreements. Mr. Rogers is a frequent speaker on special district and urban renewal matters.
Mr. Rogers is an Eagle Scout, a veteran of the United States Marine Corps Reserve, and a recipient of the Navy and Marine Corps Individual Commendation Medal for meritorious service as a mobile assault platoon sergeant in Al Anbar Province, Iraq.
Outside of work, Robert enjoys spending time outdoors with his family, traveling, and seeking out ethnic food restaurants.
EDUCATION AND HONORS
- J.D. University of Texas School of Law, Austin, TX
- Managing Editor, Texas Environmental Law Journal
- Law School Mentor, Sheffield Society
- B.A. English Literature, University of Texas, Austin, TX; with highest Honors, Phi Beta Kappa
- United States Marine Corps Reserve
- Eagle Scout
- Licensed to practice law in Texas and Colorado
- Speaker, Statutory Protections/History/Legislative Update, Piper Sandler Special District Conference, 2022
- Speaker, Emerging Metro District Trends, Brownstein Real Estate Department Speaker Series, 2022
- Speaker, Metro District Education Panel, Northern Colorado Home Builders Association, 2021
- Speaker, Metropolitan District General Overview; Colorado Municipal League Annual Conference, 2018
- Speaker, Negotiating and Regulating the Development Opportunity; Colorado Municipal League Annual Conference, 2015
- Speaker, How to Get the Development You Want; Colorado Municipal League Land Use Seminar for Public Officials, 2014
- Former Board Member and Treasurer, Knolls Homeowners Association