Mr. Ankele is a shareholder at WBA with 37 years of experience in the firm’s practice areas. He has broad experience in the formation and representation of instrumentalities used to fund public infrastructure required to support development projects and community needs, including special taxing districts of all types, intergovernmental authorities, library districts and non-profit corporations. He has provided advice to the development community, citizen groups, and local governments on the organization and use of various public entities offering tax-exempt financing solutions for major public and private projects throughout Colorado. His experience includes representation of special districts, library districts, intergovernmental authorities, business improvement districts, county and municipal public improvement districts, and non-profit corporations. Mr. Ankele’s practice includes broad experience in the use of special taxing districts to serve mountain resort communities, such as Aspen, Vail, Breckenridge, Steamboat Springs, and Winter Park. Mr. Ankele is also experienced in the area of commercial real estate development, commercial office leasing, and real property law.
Outside of work, Bill is an avid triathlete, having competing for Team USA in a number of world championship events internationally, as well as four appearances at the Ironman World Championships in Kona, Hawaii. He also enjoys international travel, skiing steep trees, gourmet cooking, and playing guitar and singing.
EDUCATION AND HONORS
- AV Peer Review Rating from Martindale Hubbell for thirty consecutive years
- J.D. Wayne State University; Cum Laude
- Member and Executive Editor, Wayne Law Review
- M.A. International Business Transactions, University of Denver
- B.A. English and History, University of Michigan
- Board Member, Arapahoe Library District Building Authority
- Former Member, Board of Trustees of Arapahoe Library District
- Author, Funding Schools Through Public-Private Partnerships, The Colorado Lawyer, June, 2001
- Co-author, Colorado Special Districts and Chapter 9, The Colorado Lawyer, December, 1991/January 1992